- CaHPSA aims to cultivate leadership and advocacy skills among health professional students to increase health equity, primarily through grassroots efforts, education and chapter growth, in support of comprehensive, guaranteed healthcare for all Californians.
- Engender a sense of professional responsibility among health professional students to empower them to advocate for a health system change.
- Create an opportunity for undergraduate students to network with health professionals.
- Educate students on the issues of the current healthcare system and inform these students of more efficient healthcare systems such as Single-Payer
What we do:
- Provide educational visits to community hospitals.
- Outreach to peers and the pre-health/health community through speaking engagements and other events.
- Help students network with physicians and other health professionals facing the poor healthcare system today, through physician shadowing opportunities, physician and health professional mentorships, speaking engagements, events, etc.